Saturday, April 6, 2013

The NEXUS 4 Journey




Part 1:

I just wanted to get my hands on to the Nexus 4 as soon as possible, but the biggest challenge in front of me was its availability. Nexus 4 was officially released in the United States on 13th November, 2012 (Yes, I remembered the date on top of my head). I promised myself not to pre-order it and have one after about a week, so that I could read people’s reviews about it. The next day I went on the Google’s website to further read Nexus4’s specs, I found out that the one day old smartphone was OUT OF STOCK. I refreshed the page to make sure; I was looking at the right product. But, no use, the Nexus4 was actually gone out of stock. This really disappointed me as Google didn't tell when it will come back on sale.

I waited for about 2 months when I heard the news that the Nexus4 was back on sale (It was probably the last week of January, 2013). During these 2 months, I read people’s reviews, watched Nexus4 hands on videos and surfed each and every good and bad point of the Nexus4. After analyzing, I came to the conclusion that Nexus4 is the best smartphone in market according to its price ($299.99 for 8 GB model and $349.99 for 16 GB model) and was right for me. This was the kind of Android I wanted, with latest version of android (4.2, with some cool features) and a powerful processor.

The only thing that was worrying me was the reviews of some people saying that the battery on Nexus4 sucks. Well, I didn't care about the battery timing much, so I immediately ordered one. Google said that they would ship my Nexus4 within 2 -3 weeks (Neither did I care how long it would take to deliver as long as I know I was soon getting one). The Nexus4 actually came after 1 week, which was a great surprise.

...........................
Stay tuned for my next article (Part 2) in which I’ll tell my Nexus 4 experience and some cool things that I did with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment